- Date: 26.04.19
- Trainer: Rich Sylvester
- Host site: Sylva Wood Centre, Long Wittenham
- Cost: £108 including VAT (includes lunch and refreshments)
Time: 09.30 – 16.00, please arrive by 09.15
A practical and experiential day facilitated by Storyteller and Forest School Trainer Rich Sylvester – you will develop your own storytelling skills and explore methods of storytelling outdoors to support creative literacy and a playful approach to learning, speaking and listening.
In a small group with a passionate and experienced trainer this is a wonderful chance to gain practical ideas and build confidence to tell and support story-making with the children or young people you work with.
Outline Content…. the key elements of the day
- Hear and re-tell stories- solo, in pairs or small groups
- Practice methods of story-making and story-sharing – in a natural setting
- Be playful, sing and tell simple (or complex) stories using body and voice to build language and story
- Explore a range of stories: spontaneous, creative, oral and text narratives
- Develop story techniques that suit your own ideas & practice
- Reflect on teaching approaches that can inspire