- Title: Play Structures (one day course)
- Date: 18.06.18
- Trainer: Jon Cree
- Host site: Sylva Wood Centre, Long Wittenham
- Cost: £108 including VAT (includes lunch and refreshments)
- Time: 09.30 – 16.00, please arrive by 09.15
This course is for educators wishing to be a little more adventurous empowering their groups to create and play on structures at their sites. We will build them out of wood and rope, combining these with the natural features in the site.
We will be sharing techniques and know-how to build slightly risky structures with children , enhancing creativity and physical play at Forest School or in your own setting:
- Rope swings, rope bridges, rope crawls and rope walks
- Combining wood with rope including simple rope ladders and tree houses
- Beginners guide to simple tree houses
- Making free standing wooden structures such as ladders and sculptures to climb on
- How to minimise impact of structures on Forest school sites
- Keeping within the health and safety guidelines for safe construction and use of natural structures
We will cover all the health and safety aspects of working with ‘constructed’ play structures and ropes, looking at risk benefit assessments and key Health and Safety requirements.