This experiential introductory-level workshop will provide you with
- A clear understanding of the Earth Education approach
- The skills behind creating some dynamic, magical learning adventures
- An overview of Earth Education programmes and the support materials available
This is achieved through:
- Developing and strengthening people’s understanding of ecological concepts.
- Nature Connection – enhancing people’s awareness of, and feelings for, the Earth and its life.
- Sustainability – helping people to improve their relationship with the Earth and their ability to ‘live more lightly’ on it.
- STEAM – Tools for linking the formal and informal curriculum
What happens in an Earth Education Workshop?
The day starts at 8.30 and finishes at 5.30 with indoor and outdoor sessions, including:
- an analysis of what makes Earth Education different from most environmental education
- the whys, whats and ways of Earth Education
- leadership guidelines
and a number of activities that will help your learners improve their relationship with the planet including:
- Throwaway Planet – a classroom based motivating activity looking at waste and our effects on endangered species
- an Earthwalk – a light refreshing walk in the natural world focusing on the senses
- Munchline Monitors – a conceptual encounter dealing with energy flow
- and a solitude activity.
There is also a session looking at current Earth Education programmes and materials/support available.
We hope to include all the above sessions in the time. Some rearrangements of the order may be necessary depending upon weather.
(text from Earth Education UK website)