Children’s well-being is crucial, not just for their own lives, but for society as a whole.
The Good Childhood Report 2016, The Children’s Society
An internationally recognised trainer, Jon Cree brings a lifetime’s experience and wisdom of mentoring nature connection; advocating for kind, respectful teaching with a balanced approach to self-directed education and wise stewardship of our planet. Jon has worked with all ages, across all key stages, bringing his knowledge of neuroscience and expertise working with vulnerable teenagers and children alongside his passion for working in the outdoors.
- Experience an Earthwalk – guided series of nature connections planned with the season, weather and terrain in mind.
- Why playing and learning outdoors is vital for children and young people’s mental and physical health.
- How to mentor/ engage with children’s thinking and play in the natural world – creating a culture of mutual trust and healthy relationships.
- Learning theories and building a healthy brain.
- Vision statements and behaviour policies.
Grounded in up to date research, this workshop will be a variety of practical and theoretical tasks, including scenarios, group collaboration and personal reflection.