Providing rich, playful learning experiences for all learners in challenging natural environments engendering a sense of belonging and responsibility for the planet
Forest School Taster sessions – Book us to run a taster session for staff or children in your grounds or come to us
- Family Forest School with Mr. Wolf and Grandma – Weekly sessions coming soon!
- 1:1 Forest School intervention for vulnerable teenagers – hugely beneficial learner centred programme of sessions giving young people opportunities to develop self confidence through working outdoors, discovering new interests, building positive relationships, practical skills with tools, rope and fire. Young people are given agency, with the support of a skilled, empathic Forest School Leader, they will be encouraged to identify their own learning needs. A sense of ownership, along with responsibility comes from being trusted and having the freedom to plan their own programme around their own interests e.g. woodland management, outdoor cooking, tool use and maintenance.
Providing high quality, flexible, and innovative training in the outdoors
- Inset training – Staff Well-Being, Staff Team Building, Mindfulness, Outdoor Learning Workshops, Risky Play and the Risk Benefit Approach, Making the Most of Your Outdoor Space; Using Story
- 1:1 Mentoring young parents attending Family Forest School to become Forest School assistants and gain relevant qualifications through OCNWM where appropriate.
- Mentoring teenagers as Forest School ‘supporters’ – suitable for young people who have worked 1:1 with us learning about Forest School. This is a deeper level of involvement providing the young person with a ‘partner’ Forest School where they will be an active participant in sessions, supporting the leader and the client group. A fabulous opportunity to develop responsibility, confidence, resilience and gain self esteem. This may lead to a Level 1 Forest School qualification where appropriate.
Providing inspirational, empowering training and support to educators through Forest School training approach and the rich heritage of Early Years and environmental education from around the world
- Accredited Forest School training and qualifications awarded through OCNWM.
- Advisory service for Forest Schools in Oxfordshire
- Promoting quality Forest School for all and the Forest School Association as a dynamic, inclusive community building positive connections for the benefit of all
- Continuing Professional Development – Forest School refresher days focussing on practical skills, observation, H&S including risk benefit
- Supporting the development of Forest School sites in school grounds whilst increasing access to woodlands around the county for education through effective partnerships
- Mentoring of Forest School Leaders and Outdoor Learning specialists
- Specialist Professional Coaching for educators/ senior leaders – contact Sarah for further information